Nearly every building on Chatham’s campus has served as a student residence hall at some point or another. Beatty, Dilworth, and Berry have all served as classrooms, dormitories, and office buildings, depending on the decade. Berry Hall—a predecessor to today’s—housed Pennsylvania Female College’s first students as well as their classes, library, and dining rooms, simultaneously. Despite the evolution of our versatile mansions, one thing remains consistent: roommates make great study buddies.
(left) Residence Hall, 1939, University Archives & Special Collections / (right) Melissa Puskar ‘16 and Alexis Rectenwald ‘16, Woodland Hall, 2016